Our Pricing Policy
We try to be as fair and as accurate as possible on our website and printed materials. However, errors happen! Prices may be changed without notice.
On-Line Return Policy: How to Return an Item
We appreciate your business and we are confident you will be happy with your purchase. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, we will gladly refund or exchange unused, regular priced merchandise WITHIN 14 DAYS of purchase with a receipt and all original packaging (some exceptions apply – please see Return Exceptions below for more details). To process a return, complete the following steps:
- Please email email@example.com with your request to return or exchange the merchandise, with an image of the receipt.
- After reviewing your request, we will assign you a return authorization number within 2 business days.
- Mail your returned item to: Mothering Touch, 975 Fort Street, Victoria BC V8V 3K3
- Be sure to include with your return a printed version of your email request, the return authorization number we assigned you, and a copy of your receipt.
The cost of shipping the item back to Mothering Touch will be at the purchaser’s expense. We also do not refund the original shipping and handling that may have been paid on the order. Mothering Touch is not responsible for items that may have become lost, stolen or damaged in shipment.
When you come to buy something in our store, we try to spend as much time as you need to make sure that you have a product that works for you. If, despite our best efforts, you find that the product is not what you expected, you may return it for a full REFUND WITHIN 7 DAYS of purchase. After 7 days, you may bring the item back and receive a CREDIT, if the item fulfills the criteria below.
For any Products Purchased On-Line or In-Store, the Following Criteria must be Met to be Returnable:
- All products must be unused and in the original packaging, with all tags still attached. If the product is in a clam-shell package, the package must not have been opened.
- All original documents, components and accessories must be included as received.
- Products must be in as-new condition with no indications of use or damage. If you baby has sucked on it, or you have leaked milk onto it, please DO NOT try to return it. No one else will want to buy it. We cannot take it back.
- Products must have been purchased at regular price. Sale items are a final sale and cannot be returned or exchanged.
- Products must not be a special order. If we went to the trouble of ordering it for you, specially, please keep it!
- If the product was purchased in-store, it must be accompanied by the receipt for the sale.
Return Exceptions (Online and In-Store)
For hygiene reasons, breastpumps and breastpump accessories, grooming or intimate products, soothers, teething toys and teething necklaces, amber necklaces, potties and toilet seats, lotions and potions, soaps and diaper creams are NOT returnable. Special order and sale items are a final sale and do not qualify for return or exchange.
Damaged On-Line Purchases Return Guidelines
Damaged items must be reported within 24 hours of receiving your order. Please take pictures of the damaged package prior to opening and email them immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your Order Number in the subject line. We will contact you within 2 business days of receipt to discuss a resolution.
How to Cancel an On-Line Order
Due to our commitment to process online orders as quickly as possible, cancellation requests must be submitted within 6 hours from the time of order. Please send your cancellation request to email@example.com and provide your Order Number in the subject line, as well as a reason for cancellation within the email. Please note that sending in a cancellation request does not mean that your order is immediately cancelled. Cancelled orders will be confirmed by email. In the event that your order cannot be cancelled, please refer to the return policy.
We are located in beautiful, downtown Victoria, BC, on the west coast of Canada. We ship once to twice per week depending on order volume.
Shipping within Canada
Orders under $150 are subject to a $15 flat-rate shipping fee. Orders over $150 get free shipping!
We ship via Canada Post. You can expect delivery within 3-5 Business Days.
If you prefer another method of shipping such as a courier, we will cover $15 of the cost for orders over $150 and $20 of the cost for orders over $200. You will be invoiced after your order is ready to go and the shipping charge has been assessed.
Shipping to the United States
We do ship to the USA with a flat-rate shipping fee of $30. The other consideration is customs, which may be incurred by our American customers. We cannot do anything to help with that–customs seems to hit about 20% of the time. Unfortunately, we cannot mark parcels as gifts (and they could still be dinged if we did; it’s not all that uncommon).
We are happy to ship world wide! Send us an e-mail or message on our Facebook page and we would be happy to get you an exact quote for what it would cost to get a carrier to your country of residence.
Order Turn-Around Time
We want to ship your purchase out as quickly as possible. Most items ship within 3 business days and are typically delivered within 5-7 business days.
In some instances when items are thought to be in stock but are not available you will be notified via email of the options available to you prior to your order shipping. Please note we reserve the right not to ship any orders for any reason. If your order has a problem and cannot be shipped, we will contact you with a potential resolution.
Once the order is placed, and a tracking number is provided by the shipping carrier, we will update your order with the tracking information and email you with that information.
When an order is undeliverable or not picked up at a postal office after multiple attempts, and is then shipped back to us, shipping fees both ways will become your responsibility and will be deducted from any refunds owed to you upon receipt of the undeliverable order, regardless of whether the order qualified for flat rate or free shipping.