- Didn’t know there were five of them? Read our list of things to do for each trimester.
- Join us on Fridays from 5-6:30pm to chat with other pregnant women. The groups is facilitated by a doula.
- Jenny Jackson is a registered dietitian (RD(t)) with a focus on prenatal, postpartum, infant, toddler, and childhood nutrition. She has specific experience in breastfeeding support, baby-led weaning, prenatal nutrition, food allergies/intolerances, “picky eating”, eating disorders, sensory challenges, and implementing the division of responsibilities in feeding.
- Malakai Button is a Registered Acupuncturist with a focus in women’s health, fertility, pregnancy, and post-partum care. Malakai also offers treatments for babies and children. She is available for evening and weekend appointments as well as in home post-partum visits.
- Information and videos about pregnancy and parenting in British Columbia. Make sure you check out Baby’s Best Chance, an excellent resources about pregnancy, labour, birth, breastfeeding and baby care.
- The Maternity Center Association’s long-term national program using the best research about the safety and effectiveness of specific tests, treatments, and other interventions to help guide maternity care decisions.
- Pregnancy, childbirth and natural family living.
- Penny Simkin, PT, is a physical therapist who has specialized in childbirth education since 1968. She estimates she has prepared over 9,500 women, couples, and siblings for childbirth, and assisted hundreds of women or couples through childbirth as a doula.
Finding a Doula
A doula accompanies women and their partners, friends and family during labour to facilitate a satisfying birth experience.
Having a doula at a birth is a very old idea. Long before there were midwives or doctors to deliver babies, there were knowledgeable, compassionate, friendly women who were there to keep the labouring mother happy and comfortable.
Use the resources below to find the perfect doula for your family. If you have any questions, give us a call at The Mothering Touch Centre – we have many caring, experienced doulas on staff that would be happy to chat!
- Eva is the owner of The Mothering Touch Centre, a DONA-certified birth doula and provides breastfeeding and sleep consulting services – visit her personal website at EvaBild.ca for more information.
- A place where parents can access information about doulas in Victoria.
- A guide to Birth and Postpartum Doulas in B.C.
- The oldest, largest and most respected doula association in the world, with listings from Canada, the United States and other countries around the world.