- We rent and sell Medela breastpumps and pump parts. We also have trained and experienced Breastfeeding Counselors on staff who are happy to talk to you on the phone, in the store or at your home. Visit us, or call us at (250)595-4905. To request a Breastfeeding Consult, click here.
- Lovely photos of moms and babies at the breast – excellent for seeing a wide variety of real-life breastfeeding positions.
- So much easier to learn if you see someone do it!
- Protecting, promoting and supporting breastfeeding in Canada.
- Breastfeeding education to health professionals and the public through venues such as the Breastfeeding Challenge.
- This is the Canadian chapter of an internationally recognized organization whose mandate is, “To encourage, promote and provide mother-to-be breastfeeding support and educational opportunities as an important contribution to the health of children, families and society.” Contact them at 250-727-4384 to find a meeting happening near you.
A Public Health Nurse from Island Health (VIHA) contacts most first-time mothers soon after the birth of your baby. If you have not had a phone call and would like to see a public health nurse, just call your local health unit. Island Health also provides free breastfeeding clinics and support by phone. Click here to locate the health unit in your area.
Dr. Jennifer Wickens
- A Family Physician and a member of the Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine, Dr. Wickens sees patients with breastfeeding concerns at a weekly, Friday mornings, Group Medical Visit at Saanich Neighbourhood Place (Peark’s Rec Centre.) To register for an appointment (no referral necessary) go to breastfeedingsolutions.ca It is almost always possible to get an appointment within the week.
Dr. Laura Spratt
- A Family Physician and Lactation Consultant, Dr. Spratt sees patients with breastfeeding concerns who have been referred by their GP or Midwife. Call (250)475-2251 to make an appointment.