Diane Wiessinger, Diana West, and Teresa Pitman
La Leche League International’s classic bestselling guide providing a range of nursing advice, stories and information – from preparation during pregnancy to the world of weaning, from nursing positions to expressing and storing your milk. This ultimate support resource offers:
• Real-mom wisdom on breastfeeding comfortably – from avoiding soreness to simply enjoying the connection with your baby.
• Simplified insights into approaches for latching and attaching.
• The ages and stages of a nursing relationship.
•Reassuring information on nursing after a C-section or delivery complications.
• Strategies for breastfeeding, for a few days to a few years.
• Scientific data demonstrating the importance of breastfeeding to lifelong health.
• Helpful tips for building your support network.
• Nursing special-needs, premies, multiples, and adopted babies – and how to thrive no matter what curveball life throws.
• Guidance on knowing if your baby is getting enough milk, increasing your supply, sleep, day care, solids, colic, food allergies, medications, and more.
• “Tech support” help for sudden problems like engorgement, jaundice, plugged ducts, and much more.
• Answers to the most-asked questions and to questions you didn’t know you had.