This 3 hour workshop is designed as an introduction to breastfeeding for birth and postpartum doulas and meets DONA International's requirements for:
- Breastfeeding education for Birth Doula Certification or Postpartum Doula Certification.
- 3 contact hours towards birth or postpartum doula recertification.
This workshop is included within our full Birth Doula Workshop.
During this class, we examine the "Four Stages" of breastfeeding - The Colostrum Hours, The Engorgement Days, The Working-it-out Weeks, and the We're Settled Months and the roles of the "Four Partners - The Mother, The Baby, The Breast, and The Helper or Doula.
Traditional breastfeeding techniques and positions will be discussed and newer ideas, such as Laid-Back Breastfeeding, Baby-Led Breastfeeding and Biological Nurturing will be examined.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- List the four partners in breastfeeding and their roles in the process.
- Describe the partners' development through the breastfeeding period.
- List ways in which the doula can support the other breastfeeding partners.
Birth doula Trainer: Eva Bild AdvCD(DONA), BDT(DONA), LCCE
Schedule: from 1:00 - 4:15pm
Location: The Mothering Touch Centre
Cost: $60 +GST
No upcoming classes