- Authoritative, caring, detail oriented volunteers who will help you get the information you need to select and install your baby or child’s car seat. Car seats, and safety, are their passion!
- Let your children discover the joy of music through music programs for infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and older children. In Early Childhood Music classes, parents join their infants and toddlers for a special time exploring music together. In Orff classes, children aged 3 and up can move, dance, sing and play instruments, all while developing musical skills and enjoying the company of others their age.
- KIV is a fantastic online community for parents and caregivers, with a great classified section and Island Parent Magazine is a monthly publication covering everything an Island parent needs to know!
- Updates on great family-friendly events and resources in and around Victoria.
- A local blog.
Twins, Triplets & More
- Are you expecting twins, triplets or more? Are you wondering what to expect? What do you need? VIMBA has been here for families with multiples for over 30 years.
- Multiple Births Canada strives to improve the quality of life for multiple-birth individuals and their families in Canada.
- A resource guide published by UBC for Multiple Pregnancy and Parenthood
“This is a group for parents in the area of Lekwungen Territory in Victoria, BC who identify as queer, bi, trans, lesbian, gay, two-spirit, genderqueer, or who are otherwise “othered” by their sexual and/or gender diversity. We are here to share knowledge and support one another in raising the next generation of kind & loving members of our communities.”
“Queer Mamas* is a space for queer women, genderqueer, gender expansive, and transgender family members to connect, share, and find community. We are a resource for advice, shared experiences, and a place to find encouragement and support.”
Gender-creative, trans, two-spirit, or non-binary kids grades 7 and under (siblings welcome) – Trans parents/caregivers with children grade 7 and under – Games, activities, resources, coffee/tea, snacks – 2nd Friday of the month, 5:30-7:30 – Quadra Village Community Centre (basement)
An opportunity for parents, caregivers, and families with trans and gender diverse children and youth to find support, connection, and learn about resources. *Note: that this support group is intended for adults, not for children and youth* – 3rd Wednesday, 6:30-8:30 – Upside Teen Lounge, Commonwealth Place
PFLAG (*many families who attend have trans children*)
3rd Sunday (Sept-June), 2pm – St. John the Divine