Have you ever wondered what your baby is thinking? Using signs (ie. sign language) gives babies a way to “talk” with their parents, before they can talk. Babies can communicate about the world around them, long before they have mastered their verbal speaking skills!
Babies and toddlers often use signs as a natural part of the communication process. Many babies know how to wave “bye-bye” or use a headshake to mean “no”. You can help your baby use lots of other gestures to communicate just as easily as these more common “signs”.
Join us for Sing and Sign to learn and practice how to sign with your baby – enjoy fun games, songs and activities that incorporate signing and highlight your baby’s developmental skills. Also enjoy watching other families learning and playing along as well.
This class is recommended for babies and toddlers from 6 months to 2 years old and older siblings are always welcome to join in!
- Learn to sign with your baby to well-known songs & rhymes that baby will love during circle time.
- Discover new signing songs (for babies and adults) to help keep you motivated.
- Practice signing with other families & share stories during free play time.
- There are plenty of toys to play with & stimulating games to play.
- Learn the ASL alphabet in a fun and easy way with a simple ABC Signing Song