This 3 hour workshop is designed as an introduction to breastfeeding for birth and postpartum doulas and meets DONA International’s requirements for:
- Breastfeeding education for Birth Doula Certification.
- 3 contact hours towards birth or postpartum doula recertification.
This workshop is included within our full Birth Doula Workshop.
During this class, we examine the "Four Stages" of breastfeeding – The Colostrum Hours, The Engorgement Days, The Working-it-out Weeks, and the We’re Settled Months and the roles of the "Four Partners – The Mother, The Baby, The Breast, and The Helper or Doula.
Traditional breastfeeding techniques and positions will be discussed and newer ideas, such as Laid-Back Breastfeeding, Baby-Led Breastfeeding and Biological Nurturing will be examined.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- List the four partners in breastfeeding and their roles in the process.
- Describe the partners’ development through the breastfeeding period.
- List ways in which the doula can support the other breastfeeding partners.
June 5, 2017
Our Pricing Policy
We try to be as accurate as possible on our website and printed materials. However, errors happen! Prices may be changed without notice.
Refund Policy: A refund of the registration fee (minus a 15% administrative fee) is possible until TWO WEEKS before the course begins. No refunds will be possible after that time, but registrations are transferable.