Mothering Touch Birth Doula Workshops are DONA-Approved and taught by Eva Bild who has been working as a doula for over 20 years and has been training doulas since 2005.
This 28-hour workshop includes THREE of the requirements for Birth Doula Certification by DONA International:
- Introduction to Childbirth for Doulas – 7 hours
- Birth Doula Workshop – 18 hours
- Breastfeeding Workshop – 3 hours
Topics covered will include:
- Anatomy and Physiology of Childbirth
- The Stages of Labour
- Labour – a Physical and Emotional Process
- Common Medical Interventions in Childbirth
- Labour Support Techniques – How to Help a Woman in Labour
- Hands-on Practice of Comfort Measures
- Listening and Communication Skills
- Pre and Post-natal Visits – What a Doula Covers when Meeting with a Client
- Breastfeeding – A Partnership between the Mother, the Baby, the Breast and the Doula
- Your Doula Business – how to get clients and what to do when you get them!
- Meet the Doulas – established local doulas will come and talk about their experiences working in Victoria
- How to achieve certification with DONA International – the World’s Premier Doula Association
A. Read the DONA International Position Papers:
- The Postpartum Doula’s Role in Maternity Care
- The Birth Doula’s Contribution to Modern Maternity Care
Pregnancy, Chilbdirth and The Newborn, The Complete Guide (2010)by Penny Simkin, Janet Whalley and Ann Keppler BEFORE the workshop begins.
June 2 - June 5, 2017
November 3 - 6, 2017
Instructor: Eva Bild, MA, CD(DONA), LCCE
Schedule: 4 consecutive days from 9am to 5:30pm
There will be two 15-minute breaks and a one-hour lunch break each day. Coffee, tea, juice, water and snacks will be provided. Lunch will be on your own.
Location: The Mothering Touch Centre
Fee: $550 +GSTRegister Now!
Our Pricing Policy
We try to be as accurate as possible on our website and printed materials. However, errors happen! Prices may be changed without notice.
A refund of the registration fee (minus a 15% administrative fee) is possible until TWO WEEKS before the course begins. No refunds will be possible after that time, but registrations are transferable.