A new carrier has arrived at Mothering Touch! The Onya Baby Outback Carrier.
There are so many choices on the market when it comes to baby carriers. We often get asked which is “the best”. I honestly cannot point to one as “the best”. Every parent has different needs when it comes to which things to buy for baby; cribs, bibs, diapers, even breast pumps, and carriers are no different. People have to find their own “best”. I like all of the carriers we have at the store for different reasons and because they suit different people. Soft-structured carriers are the least fussy, there is no tying and very little adjusting. This makes some people very happy! The handful of soft-structured ones that we carry each offer something unique. The Onya is the newest choice on offer and I know it will be exactly what some of our parents need. Here is what I like about this one:
- Fit, ease of use, padded straps. It has all the great features that other soft structured carriers have and they’ve thought of everything. It has nice wide straps and waistbelt. Also the buckles are big and easy to use with one hand.
- Practical material. This thing is durable. The rip-proof, weather-proof exterior can easily be wiped clean of most things but will also wash up well in the machine.
- The baby booster. This is a unique design. It is similar to other infant inserts in that it allows you to carry babies between 7 and 15 pounds and who don’t quite fit alone in the carrier yet but it has the added feature of adjusting as your baby grows. It boosts baby up but you can loosen it to boost them less as they get longer.
- A seat harness. They’ve added an extra strap so that you can attach the carrier to any chair and harness your child safely. And it folds neatly away in a zippered pocket. So clever.
It can be worn with your baby 15 to 45 pounds or you can get the Baby Booster that attaches to the carrier so that your 7 to 15 pound baby can be safely worn too.
This carrier includes a long list of features:
• Rip-stop nylon body and air mesh lining
• Patent-pending integrated chair harness with safety strap
• Tuck-away sleeping hood
• Low-profile shoulder straps
• Contoured low-profile, supportive waist belt
• Sternum strap for adjustable comfort
• Double-entry, side-zippered koala pouch and patch pocket
• Seat darts for child’s comfort
• Leg padding for baby
• Toy loop on each shoulder strap
• Safety-tested to 75 pounds
• Machine washable
• Instruction manual
We have all our carriers on display for you to come try on and test out. We want to help you find the best one for you. See you soon.